Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

What about..... Can you say WINNER?

Just so we're all clear about this - I no longer will watch Two and a half Men! 

Winner, winner, winner!  Okay a little background blogging for you ( the following from a Feb. blog)


Every Sunday night a group of "fans" meet at our house.  Now that racing has begun, so has the betting.  Yup, that's right, we all put a dollar  in the kitty (Anyone know why they call it a kitty and not a doggy?? me either.)  and choose who we think will win the race the following week.  As I sit back and listen to the chatter of who runs good on this track, and who won on this track last year, who got a new engine this week, who had a tummy ache yesterday ......  I realized, after the first year of betting ( this is year two )  I now have favorites too!!  And here they are:

That guy that drives the the Crown Royal Car - 'cause I really like the royal look of purple and gold together (and if I pick him I have to have a Crown Royal Manhattan just as the race starts,and if, with 5 laps left he's in the top 5 I must have another to boost him along!)  On a good day I remember is name - Matt Kenseth.  Ya know what? -  I'd like to see him win a race and then grab a Crown bottle and take a swig - ditch the gatorade, coke,  or whatever is they drink

DOVER, DE - MAY 15:  Matt Kenseth (2R), driver of the #17 Wiley X Sunglasses Ford, his wife, Katie(L), and children, Kaylin and Grace Kenseth, pose in Victory Lane during the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series FedEx 400 Benefiting Autism Speaks at Dover International Speedway on May 15, 2011 in Dover, Delaware.
Okay, I take back the whole thing about winning and Crown Royal.  I always thought of any race car driver as a rebel, wild, fast, driving, rebel.   Obviously, I'm still learning...... family man - family drink!


Can you say Winner!                  

DOVER, DE - MAY 15:  Matt Kenseth, driver of the #17 Wiley X Sunglasses Ford, crosses the finish line to win the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series FedEx 400 Benefiting Autism Speaks at Dover International Speedway on May 15, 2011 in Dover, Delaware.DOVER, DE - MAY 15: Matt Kenseth, driver of the #17 Wiley X Sunglasses Ford, crosses the finish line to win the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series FedEx 400 Benefiting Autism Speaks at Dover International Speedway on May 15, 2011 in Dover, Delaware.

DOVER, DE - MAY 15:  Matt Kenseth, driver of the #17 Wiley X Sunglasses Ford, celebrates in Victory Lane after winning the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series FedEx 400 Benefiting Autism Speaks at Dover International Speedway on May 15, 2011 in Dover, Delaware.
What's that in your hand Matty ( we're buds now - he told me to call him Matty, afterall, I am $36 richer because of his determination)
DOVER, DE - MAY 13:  Matt Kenseth, driver of the #17 Wiley X Sunglasses Ford, sits in his car during practice for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series FedEx 400 Benefiting Autism Speaks at Dover International Speedway on May 13, 2011 in Dover, Delaware.
See it...... can you hear him thinking...... "someone tell that old lady from Maine that it's just a race and if she doesn't stop calling me Matty - well, let's just say, I have driving skills and I know how to use them"



So, what is it about the thrill of victory - it puts a little punch in your step.  It makes you want to pull into the driveway after a long days work, jump onto the door, put your hands in the air, pound down a gatorade (seriously, Pam a gatorade?, yup!but once the dinner dishes are done and the fireplace is lit, you guessed it, Crown Royal - there goes my $ 36 )  and yell from the roof top.....I'm still thinking what I want to yell, but rest assured, you'll probably hear me!

No comments:

Post a Comment