Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

What about....mini's

Yesterday I was weeding the gardens  - now there's a statement you can picture.  After 20 days of continuous rain (okay maybe not 20 - but I did tell Jeff "I think we need to start thinking about an ark"), wedding was top on the list.  OMG!  The wedding is definately on my mind but I really did mean weeding.  Isn't it amazing how 1 little typo can change the whole world - big difference between wedding and weeding, right?

Anyway,  as I'm weeding I notice dandelions - but very, very small dandelions the leaves, or greens, were only about 1 inch long and the whole plant only 2 1/2 to 3" around.  From there I remembered a visit to a quilt shop - remember the famous Shop Hop Mom, Lindsey and I went on -   that had mini's.  These where quilts that where only 12 - 14 inches" in size, more like a wall hanging.  But look like a quilt, just super small.  Where talking extremely small pieces - and you can be very, very sure that I will never attempt these!

Then I thought.......  about the supersize meals, TV's, refridgerators, furniture, beds (remember when everyone had double beds, now it's queen or king) chicken breasts - have you noticed how they keep getting bigger and bigger,  1/2 a chicken breast can now feed a family of four!!  Don't get me started on this one - watch Food Inc.   Then come talk about chicken breasts.

I admit, I love my 40"tv.  I can watch it from almost anywhere in my house.  Why?

So, what's up with the supersized life?  Is our eyesight getting so bad that we can't see things in a smaller size.  How about remembering when getting a hamburger didn't mean  a 1/4 pound of beef, or when ordering a drink was a 8 oz glass, not 1/2 a gallon.  Do you really need a 1/2 gallon??

Just don't touch my tv!!! It's staying right where it is.......

No comments:

Post a Comment