Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

What about....washing machines

My 6 year old washing machine has gone kurplunko!!!  I'll be right back.... Webster's is calling asking permission to add this one to the dictionary.  They want me to write a definition.  Oh, could I have fun with this one.

Kurplunko - 1. left the building 2.  on vacation, never to return.  3. too tired to function 4. to stubborn to co-operate  5.  getting ready for a trip to the bottom of the pond!

Anyway, No need for a new one, I'm building up muscles cutting a hole thru the ice and scrubbing my clothes clean on the rocks!

Okay, it's not that bad - pack up the laundry and take it to the office, down the stairs, wash, dry, fold, pack, carry home and then put away.

We simply can't decide on a washer.  Front load - Top load, stack 'em or put them side-by-side....... Maytag, Whirpool, Kenmore......

I just want clean clothes and someone to wash, dry, fold and put them away, okay...... just clean clothes would be fine.

So, why is it such a simple thing like washing clothes can turn into weeks of contemplation?  Why can't we just buy a basic washing machine.  Walk into a store and have a choice of two -  one that plugs into the wall and one that works with a crank.  Wouldn't that be much easier than the 300 different choices (and tomorrow I'll probably post something about loving all the choices I have in life - to figure!)

No comments:

Post a Comment