Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

What about....the seasons

Once upon a time there was ....... warmer weather!! (my horrorscope today said to be creative in my writing and start my next email, memo etc...with -  Once upon a time......)

Okay, so I really love winter, I do. 


A stop along the trails........



I'm tellin' ya, it is Mt. Rushmore......  See it! ( Okay, it wasn't quiet that clear, but it was spectacular!)




I love snow - I get to snowmobile, I even enjoy snowshoeing.  I love ice on the pond - I get to ice fish, (and swim, but that's a whole other story!) I would really love to ice skate but it's been a few years since we've had good ice for that.  I love cold weather - I get to (have Jeff ) start a fire in the fireplace,I love the smell of wood burning, then he heads to the bathroom lights the candles and turns the water on in the tub.  He pours me a glass of wine...... did I mention I am very lucky!  He then runs back to the fireplace to "close it up" (whateve that means) cause that lovely smell of wood burning has now turned into smoke - oh wait they are the same thing aren't they?    Anyway.......

I've had enough.  Enough of the icy drive into my house, enough grabbing the door handle and my hand sticking to it, enough letting the dogs out in the morning when it so cold they barely leave the door step to "use the facilities" (if you come to our house - wear your boots, the walkway or "facilities" haven't been clean out, talk about yellow snow), enough lugging wood in, sweeping up the wood chips, wiping the snow off the floor from the boots - cause we gotta lug wood in, asking  Jeff to put a hat on, reminding everyone the road is icy, asking Jeff if we have enough sand for the road, crunching in the snow when I walk ( just reminds that I should loose weight ), walking so carefully on the ice that I look like I'm 90, coming home from work- eating dinner - watching tv and going to bed.  Did I mention I've had enough.


ENOUGH!


Spring is around the corner, I know it, I'm sure of it!  But then the mud....... but there's also flowers poking up thru the dirt, bud's on the trees, which all leads to summer...........


Jeff!!  put down that...... phone - did you think I was gonna say beer!  What were you thinking?



Hey, Right back at ya!


If only I could have been in on that discussion- do you suppose it was about world peace, the environment? 

 

So, what is it about the change of seasons that we love.  I can't wait for spring but after two weeks I'm done with that and can't wait for summer, after 8 weeks of that I'm done, can't wait for fall after 4 weeks of that I'm done, can't wait for snowfall and the cycle continues.  I love winter I really do.  But I can't wait to , watch the sunset from the dock - you know it - wine in hand!, fish from the boat (would it be wrong if I said wine in hand......), put on the swimsuit and (omg, PUT ON THAT SWIMSUIT!!!!) jump off the dock into the water, lay in the hammock - again, you know it, wine in hand. 

Oh, wait.......... swat at the mesquitos, work outside with swarms of black flies following you, rubbing aloe all over that sunburn...... still............... I can't wait!



Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh..............................

2 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention that you are also excited for summer to come because you are excited for that great event on July 1 and July 2!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking it was about time for a wedding update blog......

    ReplyDelete