Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

What about.... "friendship"

On Friday my daughter posted this on facebook

What is a true "friendship" really?????

To which she got a number of responses.....

one that DOES NOT require any work.....this is what I have found :)
One that will hold ur hair when u puke
or share their glasses when you can't see!
How about one that will dry your phone out for you when it gets TOO WET!!!!


Let me tell you about my weekend - I'll make it really short - My dog Winnie ran away and got lost.  Those who know me don't need my explanation, those that don't know me so well - It's like sticking a knife in and turning it, so very, very painful. When I typed the sentence,  My dog Winnie ran away and got lost - I started crying, again.

So, I would like to add to Lindsey's facebook responses....

What is a true "friendship" really?????

True friendship is......

those friends that drop everything during a sewing weekend and in a moment have the boots or sneakers or slippers on and are following me out the door to search for my dog.

those friends that form their own groups and break down the routes to stop door to door handing out flyers.

those friends that stay at your house while you're out searching and cook and feed everyone when they come back - cold, tired and hungry - and did I mention clean up the kitchen, do the dishes.......

those friends that stay and keep you company while you just sit and cry

those friends who hop in the car and hurry to the place she was just seen and spend hours walking and driving back and forth on the road.

Lindsey, our weekend was full or answers to your question.  You know the answer you have seen it in action, this is not the first time our "friends" have come to the rescue  It's not just those that came this weekend but those that continue with you and who you contiue with in your journey.  Each of your friends are brought to you for special reasons, each one will be a different relationship, but they are all a gift.

So, Winnie is home safe and sound - slightly exhausted after two nights partying away from home (you do know she just turned 21), but otherwise unharmed.  

And me, I am very thankful for all the special gifts that continue to hold me up when I feel like I want to fall down - and you know I'm not just talking about this weekend.

I am blessed with many things in life, but the most precious are the gifts I call my friends - I feel like should follow this with an Amen.....or maybe a Hell Ya!  You pick.

2 comments:

  1. It's times like this that I look back on places I've lived and thank God this is where I landed. I'm sure there are nooks and crannies in this great country full of people like everyone involved in the search parties, but I'll be damned, I don't think they would be quite as entertaining. Love you Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And we are very thankful this is where you landed too!!

    ReplyDelete