Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

What about.......drooling - that's right you heard me!

Okay, a quick show of hands of all you people out there that fall into a deep, deep sleep and wake up wondering who snuck in and put slime all over your pillow and face. 

Go ahead put your hand up, no one's looking..........

See I knew you were out there. 

You are my people! 


 I was always a drooler growing up.  Which would indicate to you that I am now grown up - which is acutally so not true.  But I do look forward to a good drool.


Remember being a kid and waking up ---- forget that I got a much better story (a real and true story,  but the names have been changed to protect the slobbering)

Just the other day (again time has been changed to proctect the........you get it, right?) Jeff and I went on vacation with another couple and they're children.  This is when I found out drooling was not a disease or character flaw.  After a week of travel and chasing 5 teenage and semi teenage young ones, I was exhausted.  Jeff and some of the others decided they were going for a walk on the beach.  I decided that being in a hotel with a pool, tiki hut- which of course, sold liquid beverages that would be delivered directly to my lounge chair in the sun, that I was staying right there.  And, I was not alone in my decision to relax by the pool.  I had relax by the pool type of friends.    After a little poolside chatter the next thing I know I'm waking up wiping the drool from my chin, cheek and chair, while looking to see who was witnessing this horror.  Then I realized I didn't really care - I knew almost no one.  Except that is for the two other bathing beauties next to me, who, as I looked over were sound asleep.  Once I had put myself back together - adjusted myself nicely back into the lounge chair I looked over only to see bathing beauty # 1 ( shouldn't we now refer to her as Droolcilla)  gasping for air, while wiping chin, cheek and chair.  Then our eyes met -  all I could do was laugh.  I was not alone in droolville! I had friends!  Once I explained that my laughter was not about Droolcilla but about the fact that I had just done the same thing, we both looked over a bathing beauty #3, Salvating Sally, who was, that's right you guessed it....salvating, chin, cheek and chair.

Relax by the pool, wake up with drool...sorry couldn't help it, afterall they do rhyme!
So what is it about drooling that only appears in the deepest sleep?  What causes a person to drool in their sleep and wake up foggy, but then feel so rested? And why, at 49, do I miss drooling.  I dream of a good night sleep, a walk to droolville followed by a stroll thru a foggy wake up.   I want to drool again!!


So to all my my 40 ish friends I wish nothing but the best drool for you!


1 comment:

  1. Thats funny Pam. I have patiently been waiting for your next "post" on your blog. I always look forward to reading them.

    ReplyDelete