Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

What about....recylcing

I recyle.  I think.

Today I took a little trip to "the dump", which I'm now told is actually "the transfer station", to return my glass, tin, plastics etc......  and either I don't recyle enough or nobody really recyles.    You see, usually, I'm not the one that takes all this stuff   - someone else is always taking it for me.  But today, in my quest for independence and self worth, I decided I would take my own "stuff".  Everything was packed into my car - ever so carefully seperated -  I pulled up, and lo' and behold,  NO SIGNS - ANYWHERE!   I had to ask for help - ask for help at "the dump" now there's something to think about.    There's a barrel here for this and a barrel there for that, then completely across the parking lot are dumpsters - again, nothing labeled!   After peaking thru the barrels and dumpsters, being the brightest bulb in the the box, I thought I had it all figured out - but after pondering this all the way home  - what the heak really happens to "my stuff". 
Do I really want to know?  Am I wasting my time rinsing and seperating everything? 

So, after much thought, I have decided I will continue my recycling quest.  I will rinse, seperate and return anything I can and do MY best to "save the world one tin can at a time".  I want my grandchildren and great-grandchildren to know that I am doing everything I can to make their world a better place.  Do you?  Should you?  Can you?   Recycle.

I recycle.  I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment