Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

What about....NASCAR

Does anyone know what it stands for?  And you can't google it, quick!!!!

Didn't think so....

So here's what I think

Not Able to Speed Carefully Around Rabbits

Nothing About Sports Cars Are Ridiculous

Not Anybody Seems Committed At Racing  (yeah right, have you seen these NASCAR fans???)

Needlessly Always Seemly Careeming Around Ractracks!

Enough??

Just so you know, I am a fan, new, but a fan.  But my fanship needs explaining -

Every Sunday night a group of "fans" meet at our house.  Now that racing has begun, so has the betting.  Yup, that's right, we all put a dollar  in the kitty (Anyone know why they call it a kitty and not a doggy?? me either.)  and choose who we think will win the race the following week.  As I sit back and listen to the chatter of who runs good on this track, and who won on this track last year, who got a new engine this week, who had a tummy ache yesterday ......  I realized, after the first year of betting ( this is year two )  I now have favorites too!!  And here they are:

That guy that drives the the Crown Royal Car - 'cause I really like the royal look of purple and gold together (and if I pick him I have to have a Crown Royal Manhattan just as the race starts,and if, with 5 laps left he's in the top 5 I must have another to boost him along!)  On a good day I remember is name - Matt Kenseth.  Ya know what? -  I'd like to see him win a race and then grab a Crown bottle and take a swig - ditch the gatorade, coke,  or whatever is they drink

Juan Puablo Montoya - Just kidding, his not one of my drivers but I like to call him - Wan probly mo' toilet.  Sorry, Juan this is not directed at your personally, should we ever meet I would proably have to give you a new name, like Juanna race?  Juan me to teach you how to drive?.... 

Then there's A. J. Allmendinger  - okay but ya gotta say it loud with a crappy english accent and put a super huge ahhhhhhh at the end -   Allmendingaaahhhhhhh!  Again, just like to say the name!

Can you imagine having the last name Biffle.  What's that?  Say it really quick, three times.  HAHAHAHAHA

When I feel a chocolate craving - I pick the M & M car

But I never, never, never pick the Extenze car - that ain't right.

Then there are the serious reason I pick certain drivers or cars......

I always like to pick the Budweiser car the week of Jason's birthday.  Although, Jason always drove with the Bud in the car - some emtpy, some full!!  If you know Jason you would be smiling right now!!  and if you don't - Smile Anyway! 

And Tony Stewart -  Jeff and I celebrated our 19th anniversary with Tony.  We (Jeff and I, just saying) went to Louden for the race - slept in the back of the car in the camper parking lot, pee'd in the dirt behind various campers and partyed ( is that even a word! or is it partied?) at a place call "Animal Hill".  So glad I've grown up (stop your laughing!!)  Anyway, while Jeff watched Tony and the boys run around in circles, I quietly napped, (I can sleep thru anything) until Tony crossed the finish line ahead of the gang. 

So, as you can see I know nothin' bout engines, tires, oil, gas....... but I do know that every week  I donate a dollar to somebody else's race fund, and someday I know they will all be coming to me to ask me "Who do you think is gonna win next week?"  Cause someday, my way, will work!  and someday there will be a car with Pinto Grigio on the side, and someday I will drive... never mind!

Oh yeah, and Sprint Girls??? Really Sprint can't you come up with anything better than that!?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment