Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

What about..... a dear friend

I had a tough time putting a title on this one.  You see I have this very dear friend, a very long time friend (we've been friends for more than 30 years) and she has had one hell of a week!!  She spent the week in the hospital taking care of her husband.  We visited them a couple times..... the guys would talk hunting and the woman would talk...... food.  In my conversations with my dear friend (you see, I wanted to take her mind away from where she was at the moment) I mentioned how much I love dark chocolate with a cup of coffee and continued to explain how it tastes when the hot coffee hits the chocolate in your mouth and.....whoops, again, I got sidetracked with food.    Anyway, remember not to long ago I blogged about how people will forget what you bought them, forget what the cookies tasted like, and probably not notice how clean your house is, but they will never forget how you made them feel.......   well, we stopped by on our way home and visited them again and I couldn't believe it....  she handed me four chocolates (right after she handded me a glass of wine, of course ) and told me to enjoy them with my coffee in the morning! (gives ya' goose bumps doesn't it).  The past week she spent sleeping in a chair in the hospital waiting room, eating what I'm sure, is not the diet she should be eating and taking care of the man who she just celebrated 30 years of marriage, who coud hardly sit up without her help, and she hands me chocolate.......  I hope someday I can make someone feel as wonderful as she made me feel with the four little chocolates, which by the way I'm enjoying right now with a hot cup of coffee and not only is the chocolate metling in my mouth, but with each bite my heart puts out a little *sigh*.........

So what about your heart, when was tha last time someone made your heart *sigh* or better yet, when was the last time you made someone's heart *sigh*........ and by the way , I highly recommed Ghirardelli peppermint bark with a hot cup of strong coffee......Thanks,  Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment