Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

What about.... re-decorating?

Well, I did it.  I told Jeff while he was gone I was gonna re-paint my kitchen cabinets, to which I received that smirk that says (without words -  ladies, you all know that smirk that we get from the men in our lives when that really don't believe us) sure you are.......  But I was determined, especially after "that smirk".  And I think there might just have been a little chuckle coming from him too.  Anyway, this is how it started.....











and this is NOT how it ended.  I was extremely disappointed in my color choice, the next time I pick out paint - I'm calling in a professional - okay I probably won't, but just let me think that for a while.
This is green - it's called carriage door and I thought it was going to be on the dark side, but low and behold it ended up looking almost pastel - and I'm not pastel (did I spell that right? oh wait,  spell check, nah)   So, back to the store and a gallon of paint later.....


Jeff is not smirking now!  With lots of help from Lindsey, a few trips to the store and an afternoon to whip up curtains (can you believe I made those  curtains  - in one afternoon, that's one for the record book!)
I love my new kitchen,  It's funny though,  most people see it and say "It's pretty but I really liked the red".  I really like the red too, but I think it was time to change things up a bit (and I have a thing for green.... that must say something about me but I'm not sure what it is).



So what is it about re-decorating that brings a freshness, an uplifting, a sense of accomplishment - that when you get it done right, makes you feel ..... settled, calm or just plain at home.










1 comment:

  1. It was a great sick day to spend with you re decorating your kitchen! I love the new green. I did like the red but the green is more relaxing to me and makes me feel like I am home because the green is you more than the red is!

    ReplyDelete