Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

What about....Thanksgiving

Did you give thanks this Thanksgiving?

I'm a little late - what's new!

I gave thanks. I am very thankful for the 15 other people that sat around my dining room table.  My Mom and Dad - I am thankful that they are very healthy and here at home instead of that other warm southern place they spent Thanksgiving for a few years.  My brother and sister-in-law - I am thankful they are here at home and that even though he's my baby brother, one big hug from him and I feel like every thing will be okay .......  safe.  My neice and nephew - I am Sooooo  thankful that every year they get to spend the night on Thanksgiving night, but mostly I thankful that they are such beautiful children (did I mention they are just like their Aunt Pam).  My mother-in-law - I am thankful that she came to dinner, there was a little scare that she might not make it to dinner, so we're very glad she did.  My cousin and his two kids - I am thankful that we have not lost touch with each other and that his daughter and son, as teenagers, like to come with him.   Our daughters future in-laws - who were our friends long before she was even born - I am thankful for their long-time friendship. Our future son-in-law - I am thankful for his love for Lindsey.  Our daughter, - I am thankful, I am thankful, I am thankful.... for everytime she smiles, for every time she laughs and for everytime she hugs me!  Jeff - I am thankful that he takes very seriously the saying "have I told you today that I love you"?  Sometimes he asks me that first thing in the morning and sometimes the last thing at night, but he never forgets!  I am thankful for the wind that blows and wraps it's arms around me.  I am thankful for those songs that bring back warm memories and I am thankful that someone invented photography! Think about it..... isn't photography a wonderful thing - between our memory and photography it's like an internal and external hard drive - if you loose one you've still got the other.

So What about....... giving thanks - you've always got something to be thankful for - so do it!







Thankful.........Amen

2 comments:

  1. I am so very, very thankful for such wonderful friends and soon to be in-laws (?) that invited us to their Thanksgiving table to join in the family fun. Thanksgiving hasn't been one of my favorite days since I don't have my parents to celebrate with anymore. We always spent the day with them where I am an only child and they had no one else to spend it with. I get a little down on that day but with thoughts of spending time with the Jewett clan and the rest of the gang the day didn't seem so depressing. I kept busy cooking while my wonderful husband, Wayne, went foraging for food (we've talked about this foraging thing before). He didn't bring anything back, but himself, and that was enough. Of course I'm thankful for mine and my families good health. And oh there is so much more that I could write but alas I'm beginning to ramble. Thank you all again for the wonderful Thanksgiving day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well end a bad day with some more tears just thinking about the many memories and good times. I am thankful for so very much. I love you mommy! and Daddy!

    ReplyDelete