Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

What about.....hand me downs

Ain't she a beauty!


As most of you know, Mom, Lindsey and I travel the state of Maine in April on the annual Shop Hop.  We've done this now for 3 years and at the end of every year prizes are handed out according to how many of the shops you visit during the month.  WE VISIT THEM ALL!  from Cape Neddick to Presque Isle - we do all 32 shops!  And in May - we rest!





This $3000 dollar sewing machine is the prize I won this year.  That's the 3 of us picking up the prize!


You could say I carried away the Grand Prize - and you'd be exactly right!


I carried it all the way to Mom's house.

Long story short, I always said if I won I was giving the machine to Mom  - so that's where she  resides( and Mom I think we really need to give her a name, she's red so maybe something a little firey!?!? )
.

And as usual when Mom gets a new machine (Dad, step away from the computer and plug your ears) which she's done a couple of times, her last machine gets handed down to Lindsey, Lindsey latest machine gets handed down to me, and my latest machine will go to the next in line - sorry friends, our family is a little bigger - I've got a sisiter-in-law and a neice that sew.

So, now I want to talk about "hand me downs" but what I really want to say is a HUGE THANK YOU TO THE FABRIC GARDEN and all the people that help run this Shop Hop and donated  prizes making it possible for me to give this to Mom after she's handed down (Dad, plug those ears again) I think we've counted 7 or 8 sewing machines.  Winning and receiving is fun but being able to give like this really is what it's all about - I've learned from example, wouldn't you say?

BTW, this is turning out to be a fantastic 50th year - 50  just rocks people!!

No comments:

Post a Comment