Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

What about......50

A little update on the 50th year of firsts!!

As I said earlier I have turned 50  and I want this year to be a year of first things - things I've never done before - push myself outside the box - a little.

I started a little early and already have a few under my belt - damn belt's tight, yet another thing to conquer in the 50th year - get that belt a little less snug.  Anyway, my list so far....

For the first time I.....

Went to a smoke shop and was taken into the back room - and bought a cigar - not for me  -  I said pus myself outside the box a little not enter a new box!

Went to listen to a band and was given a shot from a stranger for "helping push in her chair" and I drank it!  Don't worry I watch them pour it, I was standing next to the bartender - of course! Where else would one stand?

And, I went for a swim on New Years Day.  Okay, it was more like wadding and splashing, but that was the biggest hole we could get in the ice.  Just so ya' know, my son-in-law (now that still sounds funny,  I should say, Flippah)  went ice fishing that morning!

The us New Year's day!  Not sure if this was before or after!



So, what is it about pushing that envelope or stepping outside the box of one's personal self that opens up doors, builds self esteem, and makes me feel like I could conquer anything.......I feel like wearing big girl panties all the time!!  I promise I'll purchase more than 1 pair and wash often...........But, will they start wearing thin if I wear them all the time????

No comments:

Post a Comment