Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

What about....turning 50

Not me!  It's Jeff that's turning  50.  I've got another 4 months

I asked him what he would like to do for this big celebration  - is there something you'd like to do, somewhere you'd like to go, something you'd like to see?   (We made promises to each other a long time ago - no big surprise birthday parties)

His answer "No, not really"

To which I replied - "I'm gonna do something big for my 50th"

Jeff:  "Like what"

Pam:  "Don't know - but I'm working on it"

Jeff: "You have no idea, do you?"

Pam: "Nope"

So, What is it about turning 50 that makes us want to celebrate, but we just don't know what celebrating to do. Do we hike the Appliachian Trail, climb Mt. Washington, swim the English Chanel, go skydiving or bungee jumping?  OR....... should we just call it the year of fun -  the year of firsts - do things for the first time, ya' know - "this is the first time I've done this" - rock concert,  run around the house barefoot in the middle of winter, visit Fryeburg Fair, run a 5K, sing scaryokee, hmm - I'm gonna have to think about this one a little more........

No comments:

Post a Comment