Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

What About...... time and toast

I know it's been awhile since I've been here.  But what happened to blogger???  They changed a few things, okay way more than a few things..... I can barely find my way around.  I could say that's why it's been so long.... Yeah, I think I'll go with that!!  

I promise to find my way around and not get lost again. (wink, wink)


What I really want to do was tell you about my breakfast.  Some of you may understand this - but I HAD TOAST WITH PEANUT BUTTER THIS MORNING! AND IT WAS SO GOOD!  (It's been 3 years since I've had bread  -  everything has had to be gluten-free, and if  you've ever tasted some of that stuff, you'll know why this is so FREAKIN' exciting!)

I think I've finally found a gluten-free bread that I can  - actually I love!  It's a whole new world this morning.  I think there's thunderstorms outside, but all I see if sunshine right now.

So, what is it about food from your childhood   - when it's taken away and you finally get it back (I LOVE TOAST WITH PEANUT BUTTER - would it be wrong if I had it for lunch too.?)  you take that bite and re-visit everytime you sat at the table and you're mother handed it to you - I can smell coffee brewing, I can hear the news playing in the background, I can see my mother in her nightgown and those slippers and I can even see my little brother Jimmy running around........... - gotta go get ready for school......

Oh wait, I'm back now. 

But I am planning my lunch and dinner and meals for the rest of the week - in case you wondering, yes, they all involve toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment