Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

What about.... blogging

How the heck did I get here???  I have a few blogs I like to check occassionally and somehow I ended up starting a blog.  You see, some days I'm in the office and left alone a little bit to long with too much caffeine - hence a blog!   So I decided there a questions that need answering.


So, today I ask   -   What about Happy Hour?  How did it get it's name and why only an hour?  How did  booze get involved and why is there always food -  forget that - food, booze I just remembered.    Jewettville, the place where many a happy hour has turned into 4,5, or 6 hours.  You see, we have what we call a "Happy Hour" every Sunday at 4:00 p.m. where many of our dear friends and family stop by for a drink and something to eat.  When we invite people ( and we only invite you once, from then on you should know this happens every Sunday) we tell them "bring something to drink if you want otherwise we usually have something and bring something to eat and share with everyone if you want.  Otherwise just bring yourself".  This has been going on for going over 3 years now and we love it!  Sometimes there's 4 of us and sometimes there's 24 or us, sometimes everyone is out the door by 7 and the house is all neat and tidy and sometimes it's much later and the next morning I'm cleaning up and still smiling and laughing about the evenings adventures.  We absolutely love our "Happy Hour".

So do you have a "Happy Hour" ?  A time when friends and family gather, stories are told, problems are solved, dreams are shared and the most important "things" are the people you're with  ....  What about.... your "Happy Hour"

3 comments:

  1. Mom, I am so intersted to see your following comments after such an intersting post. We love our "happy hour" and it is NEVER limited to just one hour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam, I think you're inspiring me to get my blog up and running! After one tiny post, I never kept up with it...I'm sure you'll do better than me:-) Welcome to the blogosphere :-)

    ReplyDelete